What are the ADVANTAGES of neutering your pet?
- normally done at 6 months of age, we are doing the numerous puppy spay/neuters before rehoming.
- Pets are less inclined to roam or fight. This will result in fewer dog bites and animal-related traffic accidents in the islands.
- They become more protective of the house and vigilant of their surroundings.
- Neutering can make your pet more affectionate and more protective of you.
- Neutering can be done as early as six months of age.
- In males, neutering reduces the changes of developing testicular and prostate cancer.
- Spayed females have less likelihood of developing mammary tumours and pyometra (a potentially deadly infection in the uterus common in many dogs in the islands).
- Neutering reduces the overpopulation of unwanted dogs in the islands.
- The lifespan of your pet can be increased significantly.
- Having a dog neutered helps remove any likelihood of a visit by aggressive and unwelcome dogs.
- Last but not least, neutering your pet can potentially save the lives of countless pets and provide unwanted dogs the opportunity to find loving families.